Friday, November 13, 2009

Regatta Racer


Hi. It's been a little while since I have made a new post. I have been busy looking for a new day job. If any one knows of anything please let me know. I have also been busy finishing up some pieces that were cluttering up my welding studio.
This is a regatta racer that I made for my aunt. It is small in scale and can fit nicely on a desk or shelf. I also made the sailboat removable from the base. It also has i small bracket that can be used to mount it to the wall. I think I need to build a larger more detailed boat next.
When I was a kid my Grandpa would race his sailboat in the Watermelon regatta every summer at their lake house. It was really cool. They would race their little colorful boats around the lake and then at the end we ate tons of watermelon. So that is what I thought about when I made this piece.
Stay tuned for more new work. I have already shot some pictures and they are waiting anxiously to be posted. I know I always say this but contact me with any suggestions, comments, questions or requests. Peace.

No comments: