Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Work Work Work


  I am still hard at work in the shop. This little birdie has been waiting to be photographed. I made this oversized humming bird by request for my Aunt Becky. It hovers ready to drink some nectar from the flower, which is a botanical invention of mine. That is I didn't copy a plant from nature. I engineered one to meet my needs for the piece. Although it is trumpet shaped, like most of the flowers that humming birds actually drink from.
I like doing sculptures of things that other people like and i wouldn't usually choose to build myself. It is a good way to test my skills. I usually am very happy with the end result of the project. Sometimes to my own surprise I want to keep it for myself. 
Most of all I really like making work that my customers are really going to love. I love making people smile.
I gotta get back into the shop now. My internet/coffee break is over. 
MORE COMING SOON!

1 comment:

Kellen's Mom said...

This is beautiful! More more more! We want to see more