Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Love Candle

I made this for my girlfriend Christina for her birthday. I designed this candle holder to throw the shadows of the heart and scrolls onto the wall when lit. This is something I have began to work with, light and shadows interacting with my work. This piece turned out just the way I wanted it to. It looks cool when it isn't lit and it takes on a new life when the flame is introduced. The shadows twitch around as the candle flickers. I am finishing some other work right now that has the same kind of idea.


1 comment:

jennrn22 said...

Kellen,

Dave & I love this one! It looks great on it's own, but even better when lit! You have a wonderful talent.I love the lightening bug too! Can't wait to see what you create next. Take care.

Love,

Dave, Jennifer, Annaliese & Katryna Kemp